Greece

 Greek 

Day 7 

It is Mother's Day! And Greek food! I started the day early making two Baklava's one with walnuts and the other with almonds. I made lots because my family loves Baklava especial my sister. I have never made it, but I have watched my sister, and her best freind make it so I tried to make it on my own. It was very easy except the phyllo dough dries out so fast. When that was done I headed over the my grandmothers house to help plant the plants we had bought the day before. once that was done I headed inside to start preparing the main dish. Which was Moussaka it is an eggplant based dish that resembles lasagna. The first layer was bread crumbs and parmesan. Then eggplant after that you put the meat mixture which has onions and ground lamb along with lots of spices. After, you finish the meat and eggplants you pour an egg cheese liquid over the top and bake till golden. This meal was very light and delicious. 

Hours: 

8:30-12:00

1:00-5:00pm 

Total hours: 8 1/2 


Baklava 


Moussaka 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Refection #1

Russia

Weekly Refection #2