Japan






Thursday 

Day 8

May 18th, 2023 



Before traveling my sister and I went to the Portland fish market to pick up Salmon and Tuna. I wanted to try making sushi for the first time. My aunt lived in Japan as a sushi chef on the front line. I did so much prep for this I had to finally chop carrots, cucumber, avocado, salmon and tuna. I also made, the rice and prepared it for making crispy rice. I made an avocado cucumber role, rainbow role, space tuna, crispy rice with salmon, and avocado tuna role. This was so hard because I had no idea what I was doing. I tried to place the rice on the outside of the seaweed. This did not work for see so i started to leave the rice on the inside. The sushi was so amazing and the fish was still so fresh. I made sushi for lunch that day. 

Total hours: 

11:00- 2:00

3:15-4:15

4 hours 


Comments

  1. Beautiful. That requires a lot of precision in the slicing and rolling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Refection #1

Russia

Weekly Refection #2